Arm semihosting v2 implementation isn't complete

Tamar Christina Tamar.Christina@arm.com
Tue Dec 18 17:02:00 GMT 2018

Hi Alexander,

 #ifdef THUMB_VXM
   #define AngelSWIInsn			"bkpt"
   #define AngelSWIAsm			bkpt
+#elif defined (SEMIHOST_V2) && (__ARM_ARCH == 8)

You'll want to use the same condition as the reason number setting code above,

#if defined (SEMIHOST_V2) && defined (SEMIHOST_V2_MIXED_MODE)

As we only want to use hlt in the mixed mode and not always.
The Armv8 check isn't needed due to the note in the specification
"Note: This requirement includes supporting the HLT encodings on ARMv7 and earlier processors, even though HLT
is only defined as an instruction in ARMv8."

So we just generate all the multilibs and leave it up to the implementations to support it or not.

Thanks,
Tamar

+  #define AngelSWIInsn			"hlt"
+  #define AngelSWIAsm			hlt