Cortex M0 Floating Point Library

Daniel Engel newlib@danielengel.com
Tue Nov 13 09:20:00 GMT 2018

Hi,

Over the past couple of years, I have hand-assembled a new floating point library for the ARM Cortex M0 architecture.  Last week I started a thread on the GCC mailing list about contributing this library as open source.

<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-11/msg00043.html>

As this library overlaps both libgcc and libm, the consensus on the GCC mailing list has been that the various functions would be best split between the two projects.  There would be some minor penalties to this approach, mostly associated with cross-library linking, but it does make sense.

If you have any comments on this direction, please advise.

Thanks,
Daniel Engel