[ARM] Add endless loop to avoid a compiler warning on noreturn functions.

Craig Howland howland@LGSInnovations.com
Mon Oct 1 22:37:00 GMT 2018

On 10/01/2018 05:27 PM, Christophe Lyon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While building newlib for ARM, I noticed GCC warnings for _exit() that
> the compiler thinks they return a value despite being noreturn.
>
> Like other targets, this small adds an endless loop to avoid the warning.
>
> OK?
>
> Christophe
The proper fix (for both places) is to add noreturn to the _kill() prototype in
the file.  (Which presumably is true, otherwise _exit() will return.  I did test
that it fixes the warning.)  (It would not be surprising if it also needed to be
added to the _kill() source, itself.)
Craig