Change pid_t base type

Henri Chataing henri.chataing@provenrun.com
Wed Aug 1 14:23:00 GMT 2018

Hello,

I am currently porting newlib to our platform provencore, which uses
64bit wide process identifiers. Everything went well except for that
last point, as pid_t seems to be hardcoded as int.
I feel that it should be possible to modify the type pid_t to use any
arbitrary signed integer.

Can you tell me if there is a reason for not allowing larger pids ?

The attachement contains some modifications I performed in order to be
able to override __pid_t in sys/_types.h.
The patch applies on top of
master:ab640f4cd5605b6675538b196641c46c36c75c64 in the newlib-cygwin
github mirror.

Thanks !

Bests regards,
Henri