perror() changes the orientation of stderr to byte-oriented mode if stderr is not oriented yet.

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 19:39:00 GMT 2018


I have checked in this revised patch to mitigate the reported build
breakages.  Corinna, feel free to still comment.

-- Jeff J.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:07 AM, Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 14:49:00 +0200
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > ...I noticed that FreeBSD handles psignal differently.  It writes the
> > output immediately to STDERR_FILENO, rather than to stderr or
> > fileno(stderr).  It does also not call fflush or reset the _SOFF flag.
> ...
> > Thoughts?
>
> Since _newlib_flockfile_start()/end() are defined in stdio/local.h, using
> _newlib_flockfile_start()/end() from psignal.c is a bit painful. Moreover
> there are several reports that they can not build newlib on bare metal.
> Therefore, I imitated FreeBSD in a hurry just because it seems the easiest
> way.
>
> --
> Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
>



More information about the Newlib mailing list