perror() changes the orientation of stderr to byte-oriented mode if stderr is not oriented yet.

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 10:01:00 GMT 2018

On Jul  5 09:31, Andre Vieira (lists) wrote:
> On 04/07/18 13:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul  3 19:19, Takashi Yano wrote:

> >> Fix typo in commit message.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
> >
> > Pushed.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Corinna
> >
> Hi Takashi, Corinna,
>
> This patch is breaking our arm and aarch64 bare-metal builds.  It seems
> it can't find sys/uio.h.
>
> It seems newlib provides a couple of them:
> ./newlib/libc/machine/spu/sys/uio.h
> ./newlib/libc/sys/phoenix/sys/uio.h
> ./newlib/libc/sys/rtems/include/sys/uio.h
> ./winsup/cygwin/include/sys/uio.h
>

> Do I need to add one for arm and aarch64?  Should there be a default
> one? Suggestions?

Ouch!  I didn't realize that writev is not a required function on
bare metal, sorry.

Takashi, we need a patch to implement perror/psignal without writev, for
instance by calling write twice.  Care to send a followup patch?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen