Gsoc 2018 Posix Compliance and Introduction
Salil Sirotia
salil.sirotia@gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:28:00 GMT 2018
Hello Users
>
> This is Salil Sirotia, an M.Tech Scholar from IIT(ISM) Dhanbad. I applied
> for GSOC 2018 and got selected. My project is POSIX Compliance where I
have
> to implement some libraries, methods and port the code to Newlib-Cygwin.
>
> POSIX stands for Portable Operating System Interface for uni-X. Posix
> Compliance allows us to port the source code that is running on one
machine
> , can be run on another machine. This Project deals with the
implementation
> of the subset of functions that are defined in POSIX 1003_1 standard, Due
> to physical resource constraints, some real-time systems like the small
> embedded system needs a limited set of operating system functionality. For
> these type of systems, it is necessary that the standard allow the
> implementation to support only a particular subset of POSIX functions.
> POSIX profiles defined in FACE Technical Standards, designed for avionics
> system verses POSIX in RTEMS where some functions are missing. These
> missing function need to be implemented. For the same I will use FreeBSD,
> NetBSD, POSIX 1003_1 as a refrence and IEEE std 1003.1 TM 2008.
> I will add the support of mentioned library in my Proposal to newlib as a
> part of GSOC-2018.
>
> This summer I will be accomplishing these task what I have mentioned in my
> Proposal
>
This is one of my pet projects and I look forward to you making great
progress.
>What do you plan to do first?
Hello joel
I will definitely make great progress and will try to contribute to this
community as long as possible. Porting memcpy method for sparc to newlib is
my first priority and I have done some reasearch on that. I got the third
party sources for memcpy method. Once the code for memcpy will be reviewed
and pushed to newlib-cygwin repo. I will manually add the patch to RSB and
will work on test suite of memcpy in RTEMS 5.
More information about the Newlib
mailing list