Unicode update of width and other character properties

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sun Feb 25 17:14:00 GMT 2018


I have finally revamped, manually rebased, and repackaged my Unicode 
data patches which I'll send in separate mail.
However, as I don't have a command-line sendmail set up (and apparently 
it's not as easy as it used to be),
I'll send zip archives which contain git-patch files.
There are two patches:
libc/string: wcwidth using generated width data, with data generated 
from Unicode 10.0
libc/ctype: isw* and tow* functions using generated case conversion and 
character class data, with Unicode 10.0 data
For both, generation script and a Makefile.widthdata / Makefile.chardata 
is included. As these are to be used in the source directory,
not the binary target directory, in case of future Unicode update, they 
are not related to the other Makefiles.
In ctype/, there is one new source (categories.c) which should be 
compiled separately but although I tried to include it in Makefile.am,
I could not get the build process to compile it. So the current solution 
is to include it from one of the other sources (the one that also 
maintains the case conversion table).
Thomas



More information about the Newlib mailing list