Error Building Newlib for arm-none-eabi

R0b0t1 r030t1@gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:11:00 GMT 2018


On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 6:30 PM, Brian Inglis
<Brian.Inglis@systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think of toolchain running on --build
> triplet system, using toolchain prefix --host triplet in /usr/bin/ e.g.
> /usr/bin/arm-none-eabi-{ar,as,cpp,gcc,ld,nm,...} file formats for that system,
> which generates and uses code for --target triplet system, which could be a
> multilib supporting arch variants like hard and soft floats.
>
>> The persistence of this problem leads me to think there is a bug in
>> the newlib autotools configuration, but sadly I do not have any idea
>> how to troubleshoot that, or why it leads to source errors. I'll hold
>> off from posting until I get more information. At least one person has
>> recommended cutting out gets entirely.
>
> What does config.log give for details?
> An attachment might help others provide a diagnosis.

I apologise, file is attached; per my most recent post I looked for
any sign of _FORTIFY_SOURCE but found none.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config1.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 31752 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20180222/d8631013/attachment.bin>


More information about the Newlib mailing list