nano printf + powerpc gcc

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 25 01:01:00 GMT 2018

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Craig Howland wrote:

> The final draft of the C11 standard, which I assume was not changed in the
> final release, does say that only the chosen expression is evaluated.  (Which

Evaluated means executed, with all the associated side-effects, at runtime
if the _Generic expression is executed at runtime.

All expressions - including the assignment-expressions that appear in the
_Generic syntax - must always meet the syntactic and semantic constraints
(for example, the constraints on valid casts).  This applies to
unevaluated expressions inside _Generic just as it does to unevaluated
expressions inside sizeof.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com