FYI - git-hooks updates to be deployed
Fri Nov 10 09:52:00 GMT 2017
Just a quick heads up to let everyone know that I'm about to update
the git-hooks on sourceware. I think the more interesting change is:
- disable all checks (revision log, style) for commits created
with "git revert". This uses a bit of a heuristic to identify
those, but the idea is to avoid having additional roadblocks
when trying to quickly revert a change which is known to be
sufficiently problematic to need the revert.
Other changes, probably mostly irrelevant for the most part:
- Add support for hooks.no-style-checks config option
(I believe we don't do automated style-checking, at least not
in binutils-gdb.git, so probably not relevant)
- [AdaCore-specific] For repositories where a ticket number
is required (hooks.tn-required set to True), the word "minor"
in the revision log no longer waves that requirement. Instead,
users are expected to use "no-tn-check", which is less likely
to be used accidentally, and is also more explicit.
- [Gerrit] Create an error when creating a branch where there is
a .gitreview file pointing to a branch with a different name.
This is mostly to remind users that when they create a new branch
and push it, they should remember to update the defaultbranch in
their .gitreview as well. Otherwise, things can become extremely
confusing to users very quickly.
- Some minor cleanups with no associated behavior change.
More information about the Newlib