Newlib fails to build arm-none-eabi target on last release (2.5.0.20170818)

Tamar Christina Tamar.Christina@arm.com
Fri Sep 22 12:13:00 GMT 2017

Hi,

Yes the build fails for some reason when a relative path is used for configure,

I'm looking into it.

In the mean time you can work around it by using an absolute path when invoking configure.

Thanks,
Tamar
From: newlib-owner@sourceware.org <newlib-owner@sourceware.org> on behalf of Agustin Henze <tin@aayy.com.ar>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 10:50 AM
To: newlib@sourceware.org
Subject: Newlib fails to build arm-none-eabi target on last release (2.5.0.20170818)

Hi, I was trying to build the last release (2.5.0.20170818) of newlib and it is
failing. Then I have tried building `origin/master` and I get the same error.

config.status: error: cannot find input file: `cpu-init/Makefile.in'
sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
make[6]: Entering directory
'/builds/agustinhenze/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-none-eabi/libgloss/arm/semihv2m'
make[6]: *** No rule to make target 'all'.  Stop.

Trying to figure out what is happening, it seems that `libgloss/multi-build.in`
is using the same `config.status` generated for a sub-folder leaving all paths
broken off by one. You can find the line that I'm talking about[0].

I have setup a gitlab instance to show easily how to reproduce the error, you
can see the `configure` parameters here[1] and you can find the full output of
the build here[2].

[0]
https://gitlab.com/agustinhenze/newlib-cygwin/blob/gci/libgloss/multi-build.in#L20
[1] https://gitlab.com/agustinhenze/newlib-cygwin/blob/gci/.gitlab-ci.yml#L41