[libm] How to run tests in newlib-cygwin/newlib/libm/test/* ?

Stanislav Pankevich s.pankevich@gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:11:00 GMT 2017

Hello again,

I decided to try Docker image with Ubuntu to see if it will change
anything. I was able to compile libm.a, libc.a, etc using

../newlib-cygwin/configure --target=x86_64 && make

However I still don't see any automated way to run the tests from
libm/test/* group.

- - - -

If I start trying to run them manually by doing dirty things like:

make -f Makefile.in
CFLAGS="-I../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include" I get

test_is.c:2021:15: error: '_tolower' undeclared (first use in this function)

   test_to_set(_tolower, "_tolower function", &setlower, 'A','Z');

               ^

test_is.c:2021:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in

test_is.c:2022:15: error: '_toupper' undeclared (first use in this function)

   test_to_set(_toupper, "_toupper function", &setupper, 'a','z');

               ^

<builtin>: recipe for target 'test_is.o' failed

I would appreciate an advice on how these tests should be run.

Thanks,

Stanislav