Unicode update of width and other character properties

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Aug 7 19:18:00 GMT 2017

Am 07.08.2017 um 12:30 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On Aug  6 07:36, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Hi,
>> this is a proposal to update wcwidth and the character properties functions
>> isw*/towupper/towlower to Unicode 10.0, as discussed in the mail thread
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-07/msg00366.html,
>> as well as to simplify automatic generation of respective tables for an
>> easier update step.
>> Table size is moderate (using ranges for character properties) but there is
>> still an option to reduce the two big tables in size.
> As per the aforementioned discussion the table sizes are at least
> twice as big, so this should be done with all due caution towards
> the goals of smaller targets.
If I'm going to implement the packed versions, they will be even smaller
than the current tables.

>> The patch can be retrieved from http://towo.net/cygwin/charprops10.zip .
> That's not how it works.  Please create a git patch series and post it here.
Any howto available, please? What's the git URL, how to produce the
desired patch format/series.
And then the patch would be included here by email?

Thomas