Long double complex methods

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Thu Jun 29 21:17:00 GMT 2017



On 6/29/2017 2:38 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-06-29 07:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jun 29 13:53, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Jun 29 12:41, Aditya Upadhyay wrote:
>>>> Hello Developers,
>>>>
>>>> This is the modified patch for csinl.c which reflects changes in Makefile.am.
>>>
>>> Uhm... this patch now contains *only* the Makefile.am change, but
>>> not the expected csinl.c file.
>>>
>>> v3? ;)
>>
>> Never mind, I'm going to apply v1 and v2 of patch 18.  However, usually
>> a v2 (or v3, v4, ...) of a patch is expected to replace the v1 of the
>> patch entirely, not that it just contains a diff to v1.
>>
>> I pushed the set now and regenerated complex/Makefile.in.
> 
> This patchset is causing errors when building Cygwin:
> 
> newlib/libm/complex/cargl.c: In function  cargl’:
> newlib/libm/complex/cargl.c:16:25: error: implicit declaration of
> function ‘imag’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>             return atan2l (imag (z), real (z));
>                            ^
> newlib/libm/complex/cargl.c:16:35: error: implicit declaration of
> function ‘real’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>             return atan2l (imag (z), real (z));
>                                      ^
> 

It builds for RTEMS (sparc) with some new warnings:

newlib/libm/complex/cacoshl.c:42:16: warning: implicit declaration of function 'csqrtl'; did you mean 'csqrtf'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/cacoshl.c:42:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'clogl'; did you mean 'clogf'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/cacosl.c:41:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'casinl'; did you mean 'asinl'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/casinhl.c:39:18: warning: implicit declaration of function 'casinl'; did you mean 'casinhl'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/casinl.c:112:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'csqrtl'; did you mean 'sqrtl'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/casinl.c:115:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'clogl'; did you mean 'logl'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/catanhl.c:39:18: warning: implicit declaration of function 'catanl'; did you mean 'catanhl'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
newlib/libm/complex/cpowl.c:47:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'cargl'; did you mean 'cargf'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

I don't see any Cygwin ifdef's related to imag()
so I built for i386-rtems to see if it was related
to _LDBL_EQ_DBL. i386-rtems built with a few warnings.

We have an x86_64-rtems tool target in anticipation of
a port. I built a tool chain just to check this and
the newlib master built cleanly on that.

I am sorry but I am not duplicating this. What would
be different about Cygwin in this case?

--joel



More information about the Newlib mailing list