Importing cacoshl.c and its dependent methos,

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 26 06:05:00 GMT 2017

On 21/06/17 17:02, Craig Howland wrote:

> On 06/21/2017 08:04 AM, aditya upadhyay wrote:
>> So ,To not rely on stdbool.h from c99,  do i have to port stdbool.h
>> here also ?
>> Otherwise we can use
>>   #ifndef __cplusplus
>>   typedef enum { false, true } bool;
>>   #endif
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your suggested modification. I am applying the
>> required the modification.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Aditya Upadhyay
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Corinna Vinschen
>> <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Wait.  Isn't stdbool.h available in gcc for ages?  When building
>>> newlib,
>>> shouldn't we be able to rely on c99 being available?
>>>

>>> Corinna
>>>
> Yes, we can, and should.  That's because complex.h and stdbool.h were
> added in C99, making C99 required for these functions.  I did a quick
> check on some older cross-compiler installs that I have, and GCC 4.1.1
> has stdbool.h (and 4.6.4 has complex.h).
> Craig

Yes, since <complex.h> is C99 it makes sense to use <stdbool.h> as well.
In GCC the <stdbool.h> is available since 1998.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09