Resurrecting Missing Methods in inttypes.h

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Sun Apr 2 19:54:00 GMT 2017


Hi

A long time ago, I asked about adding the missing methods
in inttypes.h. The thread meandered and never came to
a conclusion. It is here:

https://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2013/msg00626.html

I **THINK** the consensus was that:

+ we want individual bodies so they can be linked to
and documented in newlib style.

+ __int128_t is not an issue.

+ Cygwin is doing this with "aliases"

   imaxabs = llabs
   imaxdiv = lldiv
   strtoimax = strtoll
   strtoumax = strtoull
   wcstoimax = wcstoll
   wcstoumax = wcstoull

It looks like the FreeBSD implementation does **NOT*
depend on any underlying size assumptions.

I would like to propose merging the FreeBSD implementations
and would like suggestions on adding documentation.

Thanks.

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com        On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35806
Support Available                (256) 722-9985



More information about the Newlib mailing list