How to disable per-local string functions?

Philip Munts phil@munts.net
Sun Mar 19 07:25:00 GMT 2017

I have a resource constrained Cortex-M0 application that fails with newlib 2.5.0.  The strncasecmp() function is now pulling in a lot of locale handling code, which I presume results from commit c1b7d9d93dc8e88693162c0d984a114371919fdd, "Implement per-locale string functions".

How can I either build newlib, or build my application to use the original string functions instead of the new *_l locale handling string functions?

Phil