Coverity Scan on Newlib

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Mar 15 14:32:00 GMT 2017

Hi

I setup Newlib targeting RTEMS as a Coverity Scan
project. Corinna has mentioned having one under
Cygwin but the variation of not being built
for Cygwin tripped at least one issue that would
show up on all non-Cygwin targets.

For the most part, this shouldn't be particularly
different from any other non-Cygwin build of
newlib.

The project and output are here:

https://scan.coverity.com/projects/rtems-newlib

It is built by the script do_coverity_newlib in
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-testing/tree/coverity.
Obviously you need an RTEMS toolset for that
configuration.

There are 66 issues reported in yesterday's run.

I am really hoping the newlib community can pitch
in to triage and resolve these.

Thanks.