How to test with Newlib

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 08:35:00 GMT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in adding Newlib to some standard testing we perform.
Testing under Cygwin revealed a few pain points, and we want to learn
where the others are before we start taking user bug reports.

The trouble is, I'm not finding much information about it. Naively
trying to install Newlib through a package manager and specifying
options like -stdlib=newlib is not producing expected results. In
fact, I can't find it anywhere. Its not in Fedora, Ubuntu, ARM-32,
ARM-64, or IoT gadgets in my little test lab.

My question is, how can we test with Newlib? Is there a procedure that
we should be following?

Thanks in advance.