Locale Build Failure #2
Craig Howland
howland@LGSInnovations.com
Tue Aug 16 17:36:00 GMT 2016
On 08/16/2016 01:21 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 16 12:11, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> On 8/16/2016 12:05 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Aug 16 11:57, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>>> Hi
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for fixing the first error. Now there is this on all
>>>> RTEMS architectures:
>>>>
>>>> arm-rtems4.12-gcc -B/home/joel/test-gcc/b-arm-rtems4.12-newlib/arm-rtems4.12/thumb/newlib/ -isystem /home/joel/test-gcc/b-arm-rtems4.12-newlib/arm-rtems4.12/thumb/newlib/targ-include -isystem /home/joel/test-gcc/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include -mthumb -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"newlib\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"newlib\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"2.4.0\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"newlib\ 2.4.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -I. -I../../../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/locale -D_COMPILING_NEWLIB -DMALLOC_PROVIDED -DEXIT_PROVIDED -DSIGNAL_PROVIDED -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED -DHAVE_NANOSLEEP -DHAVE_BLKSIZE -DHAVE_FCNTL -DHAVE_ASSERT_FUNC -D_NO_GETLOGIN -D_NO_GETPWENT -D_NO_GETUT -D_NO_GETPASS -D_NO_SIGSET -D_NO_WORDEXP -D_NO_POPEN -D_NO_POSIX_SPAWN -D_I386MACH_ALLOW_HW_INTERRUPTS -fno-builtin -g -O2 -mthumb -c -o lib_a-locale.o `test -f 'locale.c' || echo '../../../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/locale/'`locale.c
>>>> In file included from /home/joel/test-gcc/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include/sys/reent.h:13:0,
>>>> from /home/joel/test-gcc/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include/sys/errno.h:11,
>>>> from /home/joel/test-gcc/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include/errno.h:9,
>>>> from ../../../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/locale/locale.c:174:
>>>> ../../../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/locale/locale.c:986:14: error: conflicting types for '__locale_ctype_ptr'
>>>> _DEFUN_VOID (__locale_ctype_ptr)
>>>> ^
>>>> In file included from ../../../../../../newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/locale/locale.c:175:0:
>>>> /home/joel/test-gcc/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include/ctype.h:72:7: note: previous declaration of '__locale_ctype_ptr' was here
>>>> char *__locale_ctype_ptr (void);
>>>> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>> make[8]: *** [lib_a-locale.o] Error 1
>>> Do you have a patch?
>> I don't know what to fix. :)
>>
>> I assume the prototype needs to change. Right?
> Perhaps, but I don't see why. char *foo() == char *foo() in my book.
>
Yes, char *foo() == char *foo(), but const char *__locale_ctype_ptr(void) !=
char *__locale_ctype_ptr(void), which can happen if _MB_CAPABLE is not defined.
Could this perhaps be it?
Craig
More information about the Newlib
mailing list