Newlib port for new architecture

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Jul 6 16:35:00 GMT 2016

On 7/6/2016 10:39 AM, Varun.Kumar@infineon.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking to create a newlib port for Infineon Tricore architecture. I have read through the steps given, and want to get started.
> As a first step, I have downloaded the newlib sources and want to see if I understand the build process correctly. It is explained very briefly on the website and more from linux environment.
> I have pure windows setup [even gcc compiler and gnu-make] and would like to continue in windows environment with it for the moment. Do I mandatorily need Cygwin to proceed?

Did the Tricore gcc/binutils port get submitted to the FSF?

> Can someone suggest information pointer about building standalone newlib sources in windows environment?

RTEMS uses newlib, gcc, etc. We have a Python framework called the
RTEMS Source Builder which can build an entire toolchain under
Cygwin or MINGW64 (or whatever it is now).

It should be fairly straightforward to just build newlib in that
environment.