[PATCH v3 2/2] Add BSD guards for off_t, dev_t, uid_t, and gid_t

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 18:25:00 GMT 2016


On Apr 13 19:15, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> 
> ----- Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> schrieb:
> > On Apr 13 15:40, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > On 13/04/16 15:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > >diff --git a/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/types.h b/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/types.h
> > > >index bdf4085..f9ed4b6 100644
> > > >--- a/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/types.h
> > > >+++ b/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/types.h
> > > >@@ -32,19 +32,8 @@ typedef struct timespec timespec_t;
> > > >  typedef struct timespec timestruc_t;
> > > >  #endif /*__timestruc_t_defined*/
> > > >-#ifndef __off_t_defined
> > > >-#define __off_t_defined
> > > >-typedef __off_t off_t;
> > > >-#endif /*__off_t_defined*/
> > > >-
> > > 
> > > What I don't understand is, if you remove the off_t definition here, via
> > > which include do you get it then? The <sys/types.h> seems to be not included
> > > by cygwin/types.h.
> > 
> > No, sys/types.h includes cygwin/types.h.  We may want to get rid of this
> > at one point in favor of only maintaining machine/_types.h, I guess....
> 
> Ok, how do you want to proceed? Should I integrate your changes into
> my patch set or do you want to add it yourself?

I'll commit it myself, but I was asking you for a review first.


Thanks,
Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer
Red Hat
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20160413/74a602d7/attachment.sig>


More information about the Newlib mailing list