How to regenerate Makefile.in in newlib

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Mar 22 17:24:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-03-22 11:37, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I have a first cut at srandom and random but am
> going to need to regenerate Makefile.in's to test.
>
> How does one do that?

Due to the removal of cygnus tree support in later versions of automake,
you need to use automake-1.11.6.  On Cygwin, we have special packages
for this purpose (named gcc-tools-epoch2-{autoconf,automake}) installed
into /opt/gcc-tools.  Having spoken to other binutils/gcc/gdb
contributors, I gather everyone rolls either own custom build of these
versions of the tools and use it accordingly.

--
Yaakov