Building newlib on stock 64-bit Ubuntu

openglfan@yahoo.com openglfan@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 04:30:00 GMT 2016

Sorry if this is a dumb question:

I'm trying to follow the newreg documentation for 2.3.0 where it says:

To configure newlib, do the following from your build directory:
$(source_dir)/src/configure --with-newlib --prefix=$(install_dir)

Is this outdated?  All this generates is some texinfo documentation.  I'm building on a normal Ubuntu 64-bit OS.  I saw a similar question posted to the list earlier, but I didn't find a resolution.  (The earlier post asked why the user was trying to do this; in my case, I'm looking at the implementation of some of the string functions.)