Bug in __register_exitproc() in __atexit.c

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin@op.pl
Tue Dec 15 10:45:00 GMT 2015

On Monday 14 of December 2015 16:23:21 Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I think I like the weak reference idea.  Have register_exitproc make a weak
> reference and have on_exit and __cxa_atexit make a strong reference.  If
> someone uses the configuration flags "and" uses on_exit or __cxa_atexit,
> then they pull in the additional static storage and that is the cost of
> using them.

OK, I know how to make the _on_exit_args static instance weak in
__register_exitproc(), but how do I make force it to be linked in when
on_exit() or __cxa_atexit() is used? In other words - how do I make it non-
weak when specific functions - that don't use this variable directly - are
linked?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
FCh