h8300, m32c and PRIuPTR

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Mon Mar 16 19:49:00 GMT 2015

On 3/16/2015 2:25 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 13:02 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> But remember, not every newlib target is an RTEMS target.  This balance
>> could shift based on the other bare machine targets.  Does someone
>> have *-elf targets handy for targets that do not have RTEMS to test using
>> my script and test case?
> Attached are what I ended up with after fixing the warnings.

Thanks!!! Can you add a unique #warning to each #define case and
see what the distribution is?

I hacked on my version and ended up with this:

      2     #warning "CASE: 1 long long only"
      8      #warning "CASE: 2 long but use int"
      7      #warning "CASE: 3 long use long"
      4      #warning "CASE: 4 int use int"

I could fold the two cases in the "long long" block into one. Maybe
you have a target that uses the second case.

That will let us know how the if/else should go.  Of course, one
school of thought is that **ALL** targets should be listed and
you get an error otherwise. That ensures that no one misses
a spot where a porter should look.