RFA: Add ! LDBL_EQ_DBL implementations of cosl, sinl and tanl

Craig Howland howland@LGSInnovations.com
Tue Mar 3 17:51:00 GMT 2015

On 03/03/2015 09:45 AM, Gregory Pietsch wrote:
> Here's my attempt at all of the functions in the background of this. Feel free
> to criticize and carve it up like a Thanksgiving turkey. -- Gregory

In a quick look at it, I don't see where the _Classify function properly handles
the Intel 80-bit long double format, which has the fixed msb set in the
significand--which needs to be ignored in the INF/NAN check.  If it does, could
you point it out to me?

By the way, I have almost all of the long double functions done, but am still
probably a couple of weeks away from getting the last details done to be able to
submit the first piece.  The strtold that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is
the first I am working towards, but it requires some infrastructure that I have
to resolve, and time to work on it has been hard to come by.  Once I get that,
I'm planning on putting in strtold.  After that there's lots more.  The stuff I
have has been tested with Intel 80-bit (the biggest nuisance because of that p0
bit), as well as 128-bit on SPARC.  Of course, if others get there first, that's
OK, since I have been very pokey on it.

Craig