building cross tool chain

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin@op.pl
Mon Dec 22 14:25:00 GMT 2014

On 12/22/2014 01:40 PM, Jyrki Saarinen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm building an ARM cross chain. Which why to build newlib is the preferred way?
>
> 1. mv newlib-2.2.0/newlib to gcc's directory
> 2. build gcc and then build newlib separately by executing configure
> && make & make installQ

I use the second option, that's the same way that is used by ARM to
produce their toolchain (on which my package is based).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bleeding-edge/
http://www.freddiechopin.info/en/articles/35-arm/87-bleeding-edge-toolchain-o-co-chodzi

Bash scripts used to compile the whole thing are part of each (new*)
package.

Regards,
FCh

* - in some older Linux packages the scripts were missing, but they were
present in Windows packages; all recent packages have these scripts