[libcxx+newlib] nexttoward{f,l,} shims for _LDBL_EQ_DBL systems

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan@codesourcery.com
Tue Dec 9 22:38:00 GMT 2014

On 12/9/14 3:15 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Just a couple comments.
>
> 1. The FORCE_EVAL macro looks for
> double or long double, even though it is only used for floats in nexttowardf
> By any chance was this macro in a header that you brought into
> the code and if so, would it not be better to put the general-purpose
> macro in local.h?  Otherwise, I would just suggest removing the double/long double
> parts that are extraneous in this instance and clutter the code.
FORCE_EVAL did come from a header, and yeah, local.h probably is a better place
for it.

> If you took it from a header, please confirm the license was the same as
> nexttowardf() which is fine btw for inclusion into newlib.
That header has this at the top of it:

  * ====================================================
  * Copyright (C) 1993 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
  *
  * Developed at SunPro, a Sun Microsystems, Inc. business.
  * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
  * software is freely granted, provided that this notice
  * is preserved.

> 2. You have put the nexttowardf function prototype in the math.h section where
> _LDBL_EQ_DOUBLE is true but the code itself doesn't use the flag as
> it doesn't rely on long double internals.
Oh, right. Good point. I'll take it out of _LDBL_EQ_DOUBLE.

Jon

--
Jon Roelofs
jonathan@codesourcery.com