FW: checking whether <arm-none-eabi-gcc accepts> -g... <no>

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin@op.pl
Wed Dec 3 10:31:00 GMT 2014

On 12/03/2014 11:02 AM, Kleiber Tamas (BCDS/ENG2) wrote:
> Could you please help me understand what could be the problem with my setup?

I didn't dig deep into that issue, but I would assume that the problem
is Windows and MSYS. If you configure/build in the same way as launchpad
toolchain is built (check their scripts in the "...-src" package), then
there's no other option.

I also compile newlib (lates master) myself in a similar way as
launchpad guys do (my compilation is here -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bleeding-edge/ , scripts are also
included), but I'm doing that on Linux and it "just works"... Trying to
build any "typical" project on Windows is just too much trouble - it's
easier and faster to install any Linux distro directly on your machine
or using VirtualBox.

Regards,
FCh