Preferred autoconf version and question

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Sep 17 16:34:00 GMT 2014

Hi

What's the preferred autoconf version? I installed 2.59
since that was the version listed in the top level
configure.in but during autoreconf, it said >= 2.62. I had
2.64 installed and it ended up running a long time,
complaining a lot, and regenerating a lot of files.

I was using a simple "autoreconf" from the newlib
directory.

Just wanting to start trying to add the probe for inttypes.h
we discussed. But have to be able to regenerate the
autotools files first. :)

Thanks.