config.sub update?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 08:07:00 GMT 2014

On Jul 28 18:25, Anthony Green wrote:

> Hey Jeff & co.,
>
>   What's the policy on updating config.sub from upstream?   Am I free to
> check in a newer version?  FWIW, I just updated the GCC config.sub, and
> need to do the same for binutils-gdb.

The MAINTAINERS files says

  config.guess; config.sub; readline/support/config.{sub,guess}
        config: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/config
        Patches to config-patches@gnu.org.
        Changes need to be done in tandem with the official CONFIG
        sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
        in via a merge.  When updating any of these files, please be
        sure to update all of them.
        Please notify the following of any committed patches:
                binutils@sourceware.org
                gdb-patches@sourceware.org

If you already applied the patches to the GCC repo, I think the right
thing to do is, to apply it to binutils-gdb and newlib/cygwin as well.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer