feature macros in stdlib.h

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 13 07:35:00 GMT 2014

Hello Joel,

I would use the FreeBSD mechanism for this, e.g.

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/include/stdlib.h?revision=254151&view=markup

/*
  * Extensions made by POSIX relative to C.  We don't know yet which edition
  * of POSIX made these extensions, so assume they've always been there until
  * research can be done.
  */
#if __POSIX_VISIBLE /* >= ??? */
int	 posix_memalign(void **, size_t, size_t); /* (ADV) */
int	 rand_r(unsigned *);			/* (TSF) */
char	*realpath(const char * __restrict, char * __restrict);
int	 setenv(const char *, const char *, int);
int	 unsetenv(const char *);
#endif
[...]
/*
  * The only changes to the XSI namespace in revision 6 were the deletion
  * of the ttyslot() and valloc() functions, which FreeBSD never declared
  * in this header.  For revision 7, ecvt(), fcvt(), and gcvt(), which
  * FreeBSD also does not have, and mktemp(), are to be deleted.
  */
#if __XSI_VISIBLE
[...]
int	 putenv(char *);