Newlib 2.1.0 not building

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 23:09:00 GMT 2014

On 01/10/2014 04:09 PM, Vidya Praveen wrote:
> Hi Jeff
>
> On 07/01/14 22:43, Jeff Johnston wrote:
>> Actually, this is caused because of a relative file path.
>>
>> The right way to fix this is to change the arm/configure.in to use
>> ac_abs_srcdir instead of srcdir as part of host_makefile_frag. I have
>> made the change and checked it in, but had problem getting an arm
>> toolchain to build with.
>>
>> Please verify the change I made works.
>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>
> arm-none-eabi build does fail with the error:
>
> <...>/binutils/arm-none-eabi/libgloss/arm'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/../config/default.mh', needed by
> `Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> Without your previous change, it works though:
>
> Author: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com>
> Date:   Tue Jan 7 22:41:38 2014 +0000
>
>     2014-01-07  Jeff Johnston  <jjohnstn@redhat.com>
>
>             * arm/configure.in: Fix host_makefile_frag to use
> ac_abs_srcdir.
>             * arm/configure: Regenerated.
>
> Could you please have a look? Thanks.

Thanks for verifying.

It looks like ac_abs_srcdir isn't calculated every time so I shouldn't
be using it.
I changed the code to calculate the absolute location of
srcdir/../config/default.mh
and verified the location got filled in for both the arm Makefile and
arm/cpu_init Makefile
when configuring for arm-none-eabi and doing a make
configure-target-libgloss.

I have checked in the new change.