[Patch ARM] Add support for bare-metal cpu initialization on A profile cores.

Ramana Radhakrishnan ramrad01@arm.com
Mon Sep 23 09:26:00 GMT 2013

On 09/23/13 04:12, Ye Joey wrote:
> Ramana,
>
> This patch breaks combined build for Cortex-M, i.e., configured with
>
> --with-mode=thumb --with-cpu=cortex-m3
> combine/src/libgloss/arm/cpu-init/rdimon-aem.S:84: Error: thumb
> conditional instruction should be in IT block -- `moveq r4,#0'
>

> I think when configured for M-profile, it shouldn't build rdimon-aem.S at all.

Ugggh ... sorry about the breakage.

Agreed - and something's off in the way in which we're multilibbing in
the cpu-init directory which is why I've not seen this.

The way I'm planning on fixing this is to

* Turn rdimon-aem.S into an empty file for M class cores.
* Force everything into ARM state anyway as it doesn't matter in T32
state whether one runs cpu-init in ARM or Thumb state.

Patch under testing.

regards
Ramana