[patch] fix configure for powerpc altivec and spe

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 19:35:00 GMT 2013

On 07/16/2013 02:21 PM, Janis Johnson wrote:
> On 07/16/2013 09:56 AM, Jeff Johnston wrote:

>>> I removed those objects from the list because they didn't build and I
>>> had not noticed that there is indeed support for them in vec_mallocr.c.
>>> Now I see that the rules in Makefile.in for building those two objects
>>> are quite different from the rules for building the other objects; where
>>> are those rules generated, and how would I tweak that for objects that
>>> have different base names from the source file?
>> It has to be done manually in Makefile.am.  You can base it on one of the
>> generated rules for another object, put it into Makefile.am (adding the
>> additional define
>> as needed and naming the object and source appropriately).
> I'm confused.  The old rules are for $(lpfx)whatever.o and the generated
> rules for the objects with matching sources are for lib_a-whatever.o, but
> the list of objects doesn't use "lib_a-", which I suppose means that they
> are built using default rules instead of the ones in the Makefile.  Should
> the list in extra_objs use a prefix so they are built using the specific
> rules?

The lpfx prefix is defaulted in configure.host to be lib_a- .  It was
used to allow
Makefile.am files to add manual rules and support libtool.  Using lib_a-
should be
fine in this case and then specify the normal flags plus the specific
defines used to
trigger the code in vec_mallocr.c.