[patch] fix configure for powerpc altivec and spe

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 16:56:00 GMT 2013


On 07/16/2013 12:44 PM, Janis Johnson wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> Why have you removed vec_callocr.o and vec_reallocr.o from the list of
>> extra_objects for altivec?
>>
>> Other than that, the patch looks fine.
> I removed those objects from the list because they didn't build and I
> had not noticed that there is indeed support for them in vec_mallocr.c.
> Now I see that the rules in Makefile.in for building those two objects
> are quite different from the rules for building the other objects; where
> are those rules generated, and how would I tweak that for objects that
> have different base names from the source file?

It has to be done manually in Makefile.am.  You can base it on one of the
generated rules for another object, put it into Makefile.am (adding the 
additional define
as needed and naming the object and source appropriately).

> Janis Johnson
> CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics



More information about the Newlib mailing list