Problem with building PDFs

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin@op.pl
Sun Apr 28 17:06:00 GMT 2013

Hi!

A small info for future generations (and myself if I forget). The
problem I had is found in 5 places where exactly this sequence is present:

> o-
>
> RETURNS

(there may be multiple blank lines between "o-" and "RETURNS")

I don't know what the right solution is, but I found that putting a dot
in between these two solves the issue for me, so sth like this works:

> o-
> .
> RETURNS

The dot is not visible in the PDF file (it's not there), so it changes
nothing.

I believe that this may have sth to do with texinfo 5 - to do my tests I
had to do "make info pdf" and it fails (with multiple errors), but
eventually it creates .def files needed for make pdf. Many projects
(gcc, binutils) had many problems with recent upgrade to texinfo 5...
Actually there's one thing I had to fix in newlib for the rest of
process to work - I'll send that in another message.

I attach a patch with the "fixes", but it's just for reference - I don't
think it's the right solution.

4\/3!!