Patch for faster memcpy on MIPS
Wed Dec 12 17:48:00 GMT 2012
On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 14:37 -0500, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> As you are, I assume, the owner/writer of this code, can you relax the
> licensing of this code from LGPL to some more static-library friendly
> -- Jeff J.
Certainly, how about the following? It has been used on other software
from MIPS so there shouldn't be any problems (from MIPS) with me using
* Copyright (c) 2012
* MIPS Technologies, Inc., California.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Neither the name of the MIPS Technologies, Inc., nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
* this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE MIPS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MIPS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
More information about the Newlib