SPARC Leon baremetal layer

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue Nov 29 17:14:00 GMT 2011


On Tuesday 29 November 2011 03:45:15 Konrad Eisele wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Monday 28 November 2011 06:08:10 Konrad Eisele wrote:
> >> I would like to a patch that add a baremetal layer to newlibc-1.19.0 for
> >> the SPARC-v8 variant LEON (www.gaisler.com). Is it possible to get a
> >> review so that I can streamline the patch to be added to the newlibc
> >> repository?
> >> 
> >> --- a/libgloss/configure.in
> >> + sparc-*leon*-elf* | sparc-*leon*-none**) 
> > 
> > gcc uses "sparc-leon*-*" ... maybe this should use the same style ?
> 
> I am using the vendor field to select the various leon variants.
> The variants are sfleon (soft-float) sfleonv8 (soft-float+v8)
> hfleon (hard-float) hfleonv8 (hard-float+v8). Therefore I'm using
> *leon*

i wonder how that works with gcc then.  or does it not ?

> >> +    Copyright (C) 2004  Gaisler Research AB
> > 
> > does libgloss require copyright assignment to the FSF ?
> 
> I can add any copyright statement . Jiri Gaisler (CTO) has signed a
> copyleft form when we submitted patches to gcc. I'm not shure weather
> his applies for newlibc also.
> What kind of statement should I replace it with?

unfortunately, iirc, you have to sign papers for each GNU project.  so having 
signed papers for the GCC project won't help with newlib.  you'll have to 
contact the FSF at assign@gnu.org to get papers in place.  i don't recall if 
libgloss/newlib are sep projects, but i'd mention them both to be sure.

(note: i'm not related to the FSF at all ... i'm just relaying my 
understanding of how things work)
-mike
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20111129/294a4e35/attachment.sig>


More information about the Newlib mailing list