Redefinition of PTHREAD_MUTEX_xxx
Joel Sherrill
joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Tue Aug 2 13:53:00 GMT 2011
On 08/01/2011 11:54 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 1 08:33, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On 08/01/2011 07:09 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Jul 29 15:45, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I noticed something I think is redundant
>>>> and useless in sys/types.h.
>>>>
>>>> There is a block of code conditional
>>>> on XMK and RTEMS which defines
>>>> PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE,
>>>> PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK, and
>>>> #define PTHREAD_MUTEX_DEFAULT.
>>>>
>>>> Later there is a block of code conditional
>>>> on _UNIX98_THREAD_MUTEX_ATTRIBUTES which
>>>> redefines them different values.
>>>>
>>>> As best I can tell, both RTEMS and XMK
>>>> define _UNIX98_THREAD_MUTEX_ATTRIBUTES
>>>> so trip both blocks of code.
>>>>
>>>> The first has comments on the constants
>>>> while the second (UNIX98) block does not.
>>>>
>>>> With confirmation that both XMK and
>>>> RTEMS trip both blocks and the first is
>>>> useless, I propose the following:
>>>>
>>>> + move the comments from the first
>>>> to the second block
>>>> + remove the first block
>>>>
>>>> Can I get a doublecheck on the analysis
>>>> and then I will submit a patch.
>>> I have a deja-vu...
>>>
>>> Right, this has been discussed already on this list, see the thread
>>> starting here:
>>> http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2011/msg00084.html
>>>
>> I wonder how I slept through that. Apparently
>> I rediscovered it with my clang experiments.
>>> So, given http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2011/msg00103.html
>>> we're still waiting for a reply from Ralf.
>>>
>> I am happy with Sebastian's patch to sys/types.h.
>> It is what I had in mind.
>>
>> If you are OK with it for XMK, it is OK for RTEMS.
>>> Ralf? Could you please have a look?
> I don't know anything about XMK but AFAICS you're right, XMK as
> well as RTEMS define _UNIX98_THREAD_MUTEX_ATTRIBUTES, even if in
> different files. I have no problems if you or Ralf check in a
> matching patch.
I applied a slightly modified version of Sebastian's
patch.
Thanks.
>
> Corinna
>
--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research& Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985
More information about the Newlib
mailing list