Hints on compiling Newlib

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Thu Jun 23 13:34:00 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 14:33:56 Ian Seyler wrote:
> The config.log files are attached. I ran a diff on the Makefiles but
> the only differences are some file paths (Fine since they are
> different Linux distros).

those are the logs of the top level configure script i think and not of the
newlib subdir

but at any rate, those logs show that your arch system has multilib disabled,
but the ubuntu one probably has it enabled, and you havent specified --
disable-newlib when building newlib, so it tries to build a 32bit multilib.

use --disable-multilib if you dont want multilib support in newlib.
-mike