Problem trying to configure / build when using "--program-prefix" option
Ralf Corsepius
ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Tue Apr 19 09:58:00 GMT 2011
On 04/19/2011 11:23 AM, David Paterson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Federico Terraneo<fede.tft@hotmail.it> wrote:
> Thanks Federico, that works great :-) I'd seen those listed in the configure
> options so should have given them a try. I did expect that setting the prefix
> would point the configure system at the correct tools though...
--program-prefix is not what you assume it to be ... it is the "prefix"
which is prepended to cross-tools when a package creates tools
(application). As newlib is a mere library, it do doesn't build any
tools, so --program-prefix is not meaningful to newlib.
That said, the toplevel configure script uses the value being passed to
--target=<TARGET> as "program-prefix" of the toolchain to be used. I.e.
if you are building for --target=<something>, it expects to find tools
named "<something>-*" in $PATH.
Ralf
More information about the Newlib
mailing list