candidate sched.h and sys/sched.h for review

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Mar 31 16:31:00 GMT 2010

On 03/31/2010 10:08 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 04:54 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Next try.  I am starting a build with this now so there
>> might be problems.
>>
>> Corinna.. SCHED_SPORADIC is now 4. My concern is
>> with these constants is that they are sometimes used
>> in language bindings and we would have to propagate that.
>> If you don't mind, once this rework is in, I will address
>> getting us in sync on the other values.
>>
>> How does it look now?
>>
> Errm, I don't think so:
>
> * Shouldn't sched.h include sys/sched.h?
> * Why does sys/sched.h exist at all?
>     Shouldn't it better be merged into sched.h?

newlib is rather contorted here but I think it
gets the job done.

sched.h includes sys/types.h (which defines timespec)

sys/types.h includes sys/sched.h.

I think sys/sched.h exists to allow ports to override
the constants and structure definitions.  If this is
right, it is not included for inclusion by applications
directly.

I am giving history the benefit of the doubt that this
is all done for a reason and correctly placed.   Someone
else will need to confirm that.

> * Shouldn't sys/sched.h include<time.h>  (for timespec)?

timespec is in sys/types.h which is included by sched.h.

Can someone through some light on this?

--joel
> Ralf

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985