Joel's Only Outstanding RTEMS Newlib Patch

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Dec 16 21:55:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

A while back I submitted a patch to use sizeof(double)-1
for ALIGNBYTES to avoid an unaligned access on SPARC.
param.h in BSD is target specific and this made it safe
but larger than necessary.  The attached patch makes
if "sizeof(double)-1" for SPARC and retains the old
value of "sizeof(int) - 1" for other targets.

Our machine/param.h came from i386 so it isn't that surprising
that it turned up an issue on a RISC CPU. It just took a long
time and "ls" ported from BSD. :)

2009-12-16  Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>

     * libc/sys/rtems/machine/param.h: Only use sizeof(double) -1
     for ALIGNBYTES on SPARC.

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985