Getting involved in newlib development

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Sat May 30 06:40:00 GMT 2009

vibi sreenivasan wrote:
> hi,
>         how to get involved in newlib development?
>         Is there any todo jobs that in can start working
>         with?
> regards
> vibi sreenivasan

Hi Vibi,

There is no official todo list.

There are pushes underway to add more POSIX and C99-compliance to newlib
as exemplified
by the work Corinna has done recently in the wide-character I/O and
locale fields.  There is work regarding the UTF-8 standard used.  Craig
Howland is currently working on cleaning up the system header files.
There is work underway to add long double math functions and there is
also lowering the footprint of empty programs or programs that don't do
much, especially on platforms that are tight for space.

You might want to read the list archives to see what has been done in
these areas recently.
Perhaps some of these areas would interest you.