General cleanup

Howland Craig D (Craig) howland@LGSInnovations.com
Wed Nov 26 20:41:00 GMT 2008

The attached patch does a lot of cleanup (primarily with function
prototypes) aimed at reducing the number of compilation warnings.
(Using gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes, the changes
supplied get rid of ~257 warnings.  139 of them were "statement has no
effect" warnings, and almost all the rest were prototype related.)  It
does not get rid of all of the prototype-related warnings, as I left
many
that are either of low interest or much work to fix, but I made a really
good dent in them.
				Craig