Known working configurations for gcc unified build
Thu Sep 18 10:24:00 GMT 2008
Having tried, and failed, to build a unified source tree of newlib
1.6.0 and gcc 4.3.1, I'm wondering if this is considered a known working
configuration? Or should I be building newlib X with gcc Y?
Below is the procedure I've been using, as gleaned from the Interweb
1) Extract newlib 1.6.0 to ~/build
2) rename newlib extract dir to gcc-4.3.1
3) Extract gcc tar.bz to ~/build
4) mkdir ~/build/gcc-4.3.1/foo
5) cd ~/build/gcc-4.3.1/foo
6) ../configure --with-newlib --disable-ssp --enable-languages=c
The build fails with a syntax error in newlib, the exact nature of which
is probably irrelevant as I suspect the issue is to do with working
configurations or my procedure.
More information about the Newlib