PATCH: allow manuals to build

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Thu Aug 28 18:32:00 GMT 2008


Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I tried out the patch and there doesn't seem to be any negative effects 
> on the info files so I have committed the change.  Installation is 
> another issue as there are no install-pdf clauses in newlib's 
> Makefile.in files.  I would have expected Automake to deal with this, 
> but I need to look into it further.

Thanks for committing the change!  Yes, I ran into the install issue as well.  I 
was told that newer versions of automake do indeed generate install-pdf and 
install-html rules, but that it was a bad idea to upgrade because it's 
incompatible in other ways.  And I'm too incompetent at makefile hackery to get 
all the recursive configure/make rules right by hand; I just punted on that 
part.  :-P

-Sandra





More information about the Newlib mailing list